Friday, March 13, 2009

The recent events have jolted some butt off their chairs (literally!)
I hope they realise that we are serious about d matters.

On a happier note, the school hols is here! I've actually made some holiday plans with my daughter which unfortunately fell through due to some 'foreseen' circumstances...
Maybe next time sweetie...I hope you'd really enjoy yourself. But most importantly, take very good care of yourself first!

I guess she has put the ugly event behind and I'm so proud of her. In this situation and knowing what the situation is, I'd back her up 100%. 'You' on the other hand can spread lies, rumours or pass slandering comments about my daughter, they're nothing! Sticks and stones may break her bones but words...pfft!!

She'd be picking up the airline tickets at her father's office this afternoon. Hopefully, she'd go into his office and meet some of his friends and my ex-colleagues. Hopefully, they'd see how she has grown. And oh, she had turned down an offer by FHM magazine. I wouldn't allow her anyway. I told her she had made the right decision and no regrets.

This is random: Unless one have done an extensive research on Singaporean men, I don't think it's fair to label them as egoistic. To label and to generalise based on one's experience? I had my fair share of bad experience with men too. Darn! I broke up with one - correction - split, adios, sayonara, goodbye, farewell!
But I don't consider Singaporean men egoistic. Wrong choice of words perhaps?
Is it fair if I say Singaporean women are materialistic? Based on a handful of people I know or read about? I don't think so. I don't like generalisation. Too bad...*shrugs*
And the best part of it all is, after proudly stating this 'fact', it suddenly dawned on the person that she is married to one Singaporean man! What to do? Hmm...just proudly and conveniently say, "Except my husband...". It tickled me pink. So, out of the millions of Singaporean men out there, only one man is unique, not an egoist at all...hehe.

So my poor hubby, who helps me with the housework like vacuuming, mopping, doing the laundry, cooking and taking care of me when I'm sick, you my sayang, unfortunately would be one of the millions labeled as egoist...hehehe. Because...get this, you're Singaporean...and you're a man.

Too bad...

No comments: