Thursday, March 18, 2010

I owe Rin this one.

A couple of weeks ago, my girls and I, we had a mini gathering at NI's (Rin) abode. I was thrilled to bits at the idea of meeting up with old friends whom I've known since my MH days. In fact, all of them were from MH and I couldn't wait to see HU and MA. Of course, there were others like Ifa, Yana, Freda, Nurhani (yes..i've forgotten their initials...*slaps hands-bad Rat!*)...but because of some unforeseen circumstances, they were unable to make it. Thus, the members were down to just  the six of us. Nevertheless, we made up for the lack of people with loads of laughter.
The occasion was made special this time around because normally, NI, HF, AD and I (and SI) are the usual suspects in out meet-up session. This time, it was a bit 'unusual' because we've added 'new' members. This time, it was special because we have more of us, which means, more 'juicy' stories. MH peeps never fail to deliver and delivered we did... What with the potluck and all, I reckon this was one of the most enjoyable and unforgettable meet-ups we've ever had! Agree?

The table was already set with a sumptuous spread prepared by the beautiful and wonderful host, NI. HF brought her speciality i.e. spaghetti and MA brought her potato and fruit salad. AD brought chicken nuggets and I was told to bring Nachos and salsa dip (ya ya...wanted to cook something but I guess they knew how busy I was). We refused to eat until the much-awaited guest arrived. Who else but Effa-Rogy? (F.R.O.G.) a.k.a. HU. We waited with bated breath and when she arrived...hmmn.....all hell broke loose!! LOL!
And of course, who could ever forget that super-duper delicious chocolate cake and yoghurt lemon cake baked by NI!??!!! OMG! I'm still drooling over them as I type this entry....

I think, the next time we do this, we should just make it a chit-chat-session. We could hardly eat our food coz most of the time, we were laughing crazily. Antics from HU galore! We couldn't believe she 'contaminated' NI's couch with her fart and I think NI's son couldn't believe it too when he became the target of HU's 'air attack'! It was so funny nevertheless and that's why we love HU to death. She's not pretentious and after all these years, after all those successes and the moolahs...she is still the same ol' friend that we once knew.

It was nice to see MA too. She still looks the same, bubbly and cheery personality intact despite the obstacles she has to go through.

I told Rin the other day, while we were sipping coffee and tea and eating our kaya toast and half boiled eggs at Ya Kun's at T2, ill-feelings and what have you's had vanished into thin air (not that we have any or many...).  They are friends in the true sense of the word. Perhaps, it's because each and every one of us had gone through a certain something in our lives. We managed to get out of it a strong person, all of us. Well, there are some amongst us, who choose not to be in our 'clan'. Tak pandang sebelah mata lah gitu-but choose only to be friends with people whom they think might benefit them in the long run. Our friendship, on the other hand is unconditional. I may not be a successful entrepreneur, earn lots of money through business and go on holidays every now and then but I have my friends whom I can count on whenever I'm down...
Oh, NI, HF, AD, MA, SI, HU....I can't imagine life without you guys now. (I'm a die hard romantic lah...what to do...)

So, we're gonna miss a friend who's going on her much-deserved break to London with her beloved son. I hope you'd enjoy yourself silly NI! Have fun k babe! :))

And while you're sipping that London tea or coffee...remember us will ya?!

No comments: