Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Girl-Next-Door

It's the 3rd week of Term 2 already.

Hectic. Tired. Exhausted.

Alas, my daughter took part in the contest which at first she decided not to join.
I was like, ok. Good. If that's your decision, I'm more than ok. No regrets.
Then she started to have second thoughts and that's when I told her to just go for it coz THIS is a chance of a lifetime.
She pleaded for me to be there to support her and supported her I did. I went with Haikhal as the hubby refused to attend such event at such a place...*shrugs* howell...

I must say that I felt like a total outcast. It was crowded with people whom obviously has no qualm being in such a place. I don't wanna sound all righteous and holy but that place is just NOT me...and not FOR me...
When we came, we had already missed her turn. Haikhal and I stood near to where the DJs were and the loud music at the back of us was enough to drown the 2 of us in a mixture of music and verbal pandemonium.

The other girls were, well, ok. Two weeks after the event, she got a call saying that she's in the TOP 15. 
And, and...someone has got to pass a certain kind of remark like, "I don't need a well-known gf, a sweet looking girl would do." PFFT!!!
Oh dear...talk about a case of the sour grape. Tsk tsk tsk. Shoosh! Move on boy! Move on with your fast and (curious) car. Move on with your sweet looking gf. I wish you'd just banish my daughter from your thought altogether. The mere mention of her just proves a point - that you're not over her yet! What a pity coz you know what, she has!
Anyway, I don't think she's that well-known...but too bad if she is, isn't it? I've never seen my daughter so happy like she is now and that's most important, her happiness.
Let's do the reverse shall we, "My daughter doesn't need a well-known guy (FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS), a gentleman would do...". heh.

No comments: