
Julian Beever and his Artwork done on pavement...click on his name to see his fascinating works.
As an Art teacher, I like to surprise or 'educate' my students with something that they might have never seen before especially if it concerns Art. Once in awhile, I would show them interesting Art works done by artists or painters, well-known or not. As long as the works of Art are good and worth an audience. :P
Julian Beever may be around for the longest time but some may not know him. His works, especially those done on floors or pavements never fail to astonish or warrant a 'Wow!' from Art lovers and non alike.
I think it takes a lot of 'intelligence', patience and skill to do what he does. The result - mesmerising!
Above is just one of his many incredible works. Funny thing is, whenever I show this to my kids, they would go, "Wow cher! So big ar the Coke bottle!". Until I show them that it is actually a drawing done on the floor would I see their eyes wide open...
You can also watch him in action through YouTube.
A.R.T. - Astounding. Ravishing. Terrific.

No comments:
Post a Comment