Hokay!
I have a gazillion things to do but I don't know when and how to start.
So, I thought, well maybe I should update my blog which has been pretty neglected lately. A friend or two had complained about the lack of post therein...so here goes...
This may sound so cliche, but really, truthfully, I have been very busy with a lot of stuff - school, home, personal. Anyhow, I still found some time yesterday (with Shahira's persistence) to go to the gym and we did some awesome workout. It's been a long time since I last stepped into the gym but when I stepped onto that weighing machine yesterday, oh boy... was I jolted quite a bit when I saw the numbers appearing on that scale! Can't do! I must do something before I really go out of proportion (literally). I must shed at least 5 kilos...:(
In between the busy schedules, the hub' and I managed to find time to watch a few movies. Yes a few. We reckon, we'd take this time to 'relish' all the 'delicious' movies being screened concurrently at various movie cinemas. I must say, our favourite is the Cathay @ E-hub Downtown East. The seats are humongous and it can 'contain' my (equally) humongous hub' comfortably. Then there's the couple seats and the 'bestest' of it all is the that Union Members like me, get a substantial discount on weekends...weee!!! So, we were quite disappointed when they didn't screen Wolverine there. :(
In 2 weeks' time, it's the holidays again. Again, we don't have any plans to go overseas. My niece is getting married and I'm cracking my brains what to get for her. Furthermore, there's the Design Camp for the Art and D&T kids in the first week of the holidays. I think I have more things in store but I just don't wanna think about it now. Urgggggghhhh!!!
Well, like I've mentioned in my previous post, being in Facebook has brought many of my old friends together again. I recently went to the office where I used to work for a-long-9-years....Everything has changed. It's no longer on the 3rd level. Everyone is confined to an office which occupy all the various departments. I went with RN, HF and AD. I met a colleague whom I used to be so close to... I admire their perseverence to stay at one place for a long long time. I can't. I'm happy where I am right now and I think my former colleagues are happy too...
Meeting AD was tremendously exciting. She was formerly a beauty queen! Some of us went to KL to support her participation in the "Miss Malaysia Airlines" pageant and she won! - beating the other contestants the other Malaysian states and also from Sabah and Sarawak. It's good isn't it to be able to experience that kind of experience and be known as "Miss Malaysia Airlines" and to keep these as memories with you for the rest of your life? I think so :) So AD, if you are reading this, chin up girl. Be strong. There's always a point in anybody's life when things don't go too smoothly. I've been there, RN has been there, HF has been there, even SH has been there. Life is as such. We don't go through life smiling and laughing always, all the time right? We fall and cry but we get up, shake the dirt and move on. And always remember that there are others who are less fortunate than us. Don't look for those who have more but think about those who have less...
Which brings me to this... I was told several times by a colleague that I am a strong person. Never thought that I am... I just believe that when we are confronted with some challenges in life, we'd just have to face them head on because we really have no choice but to do that. There is no point being in denial or pretend that everything is okay when it's not. Some people do that. When I faced my biggest challenge a few years back, I was a complete wreck. I guess, I was allowed to feel that way because being betrayed by your spouse was the worst thing that could ever happen to a woman or person. I was 'mourning' my fate for a good few months. I was hopeless at work and my self-esteem had gone down the drain. Fortunately for me, I have God to turn to and my prayer's mat was a constant companion. I pulled through the darkest days of my life and decided that I need to stand up, head held high and move on, not only for me, but for my children too. I told myself I needed to make my life and my future better and I wouldn't be able to do that working in 'that-place-I-used-to-work' before I became an educator. And so, I'm so much happier now with goals in life that I'm still striving to achieve.
When my daughter broke up with her bf, I told her it's not the end of the world. Yes, it's heartbreaking but not to get over-sentimental over it. Firstly, she's still so young. Get to know other people whom I'm sure are so much better and worth her time than that punk she used to date. Secondly, there wasn't any commitment yet. Not married and not even engaged. So now, she's happy, single and free. She's not going to hang on to him just because they have 3 or 4 years of 'romantic' history behind them. You don't stay on just because you have been with a person for a certain number of years and can't accept the fact that those years spent are gone. A cheating partner would cheat again. If he/she has done it before, he/she would do it again. That's what I believe. Unless of course, they've repented and swear that it wouldn't happen again. Mmmm..... Of course if things can be talked over in a civil and adult manner, the better. But mmm.....
So till the next post.
"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans."
~Peter F. Drucker~

No comments:
Post a Comment